Great shooting venue. I recently took my 11-year-old daughter to Calibers to get her acquainted with firing a small pistol. Having never been in a range setting before she was initially very spooked and intimidated by the noise from the other shooters as well as the general stress of learning to shooting for the first time. Things weren't going so well so we stepped out in to the lobby so my daughter could get her bearings. She really wanted to shoot but was having a hard time getting past being so overwhelmed. While I was settling her down a very kind (female) member of the staff saw my daughter in her distress and took the time to come over and offer some reassurance. She then graciously allowed us to use Calibers private training range room which was currently unoccupied and could thereby give my daughter a better chance to focus on my instruction. We took the staff member up on the offer and my daughter was then able to relax and get past all that initial doubt and learn some shooting fundamentals (and what do you know, she's got pretty good aim to boot!). Overall it was a very positive experience for me as a parent and I have Calibers awesome staff to thank for facilitating this. Thanks a million!
Well worth the money. Reinforced and repeat the rules was excellent. The hands on application was well worth it. Lecture helped emphasize the important concepts. Thanks for debriefing too!
Highly Satisfied. I am very impressed with the time and care the instructor took in making sure everyone was comfortable and understood the material and were comfortable on the gun range with following appropriate procedures.
Learned a lot!. Excellent Instructor – great safety rules enforced – Great personal help and tips to improve accuracy.
If you are a pistol shooter who shoots a lot year round this is a very good option for you. I was a member here for two years.
1) Well monitored by the range master.
2) Electric individually controlled paper target holders (no need to halt the shooting so people can go downrange, nobody ever goes downrange - shoot to your hearts content)
3) Climate controlled. While not ever a perfect temperature it's far more comfortable than shooting outside in the dead of winter or the height of summer
4) They sell guns, ammo, accessories. So often when shooting I think "damn, if only I had XXX" - this place often will have XXX (sort of a dangerous situation for the pocket book)
5) They have several classes including an Introduction to Handguns course as well as a Concealed Carry Class (so you can get a permit), I should note that I haven't taken a class here but like that they at least offer them.
6) They allow certain rifles/shotguns
7) A wide selection of guns available for renting
8) Each shooting position has a nice rubber lined tray/table and is separated by a partition/wall from the next position.
9) You don't need to become a member, they have single use passes and "pass books" available
10) To join they don't make you also join any political organization
11) It's relatively centrally located. I work downtown and would often zoom up here for 30 minutes of shooting during lunch.
ALWAYS A GREAT TIME AT CALIBERS SHOOTERS SPORTS CENTER. ALWAYS A GREAT TIME AT CALIBERS SHOOTERS SPORTS CENTER
Eye Opening. The class should be taught to all citizens who are eligible. Eye opening, informative, comprehensive, just to say a little. Exceptional and knowledgeable is Randy. Through his work I am sure many many lives were saved.
Very Professinoal!!!!. There's nothing like the feeling of a gun in your hands! This place is great; they have every gun you could possible want to shoot, and the prices are right! My husband took me there for my birthday last year and they even gave me a discount....on top of the military discount! They brief you for safety, and if you've never shot a gun before, they'll even give you a lesson. Very professional!!!! You can also buy ammo and guns there.
Best Class. Just finished up the concealed Carry Class on Feb 19th and 20th. I would have to say it was the best class I have ever taken. Randy Glover is the most incredible person/ instructor I have ever had, and I have had many instructors. His experience and knowledge are incredible. I was ready for a boring class. Was I pleasantly surprised, Randy made it a fun learning experience, even though the subject matter is deadly serious. He gave us all very important tools and knowledge to recognize and survive most any, 'bag of dirt' encounter. This is the best $200.00 I have ever spent! Everyone should take this class, even if they don't plan to carry. I could go on and on about he highest quality of the training I received, bur wont take up any more space. Last but not least the staff are top notch, every time I have come into Caliber's I have been greeted promply and everyone is very professional and knowledgeable! I look forward to taking more classes in the future at Caliber's. Awesome Job!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!