Excellent vet who was recommended to us from someone else in the profession. Dr. Flowers communicates well with clients and is very caring with animals. She presents options for treatment along with costs. We trust her with our companion animals and appreciate her competent and friendly staff.
Great Heart, Great Science.
My wife and I can't say enough good things about Faith. She treats us as members of her family. Her expertise extended the life and pain free quality of life, of our dear standard poodle. She guided us in her care and helped us understand when our pet was at the stage where she needed to be put to rest. In our home, pain free, gentle compassion & understanding.
After a long time of mourning and deliberation we decided to vote again for life & love and got another standard poodle. Faith is there for her too. We have had a number of wonderful vets over the years but there's none we trust and admire more than Faith.
My only advice...visit Faith at her office. Your own experience of her person-hood will confirm what I've written here. She is a gift to ABQ and the families she serves.
I've been a customer for 10+ years. I originally started coming because she charged less for an exam which was important to me at the time. I had a rotti/chow rescue who was shy and had been muzzled by previous vets. Dr Flower is kind and patient and never needed to muzzle my dog, who did great with her, as does my current dog.
Although I’m against over-vaccinating pets, my dog's groomer/kennel requires yearly vaccinations. Because my dog is especially sensitive due to her allergies, Dr Flower keeps track of the actual longevity of vaccines for my dog so that she doesn’t have to get revaccinated every year with the same vaccines, and provides me with a letter for the kennel.
Recently I had to get my 18 year old cat put to sleep. She was already booked for the day, but fit me in anyway. And she was amazing. I don't know how she managed to say the perfect words, but she did, and it was so helpful!
I really recommend this vet!
horrible vet in albuquerque. I worked there for 2 years and I can tell you it is all about the money. I would never recommend this vet to my worst enemy . I watch her kill a cat because she was butting heads with the owner and then laff about it . That is just one of the stories i walked away from that hell whole with.
Saved my cats life.
I've been going to Lomas Vet for 15 years. When I moved to another part of town, I started going to other Vets but eventually returned to Lomas Vet. Here's why I returned:
Dr. Flower knows that I take very good care of my two kitties and treats me with respect. She listens to me and, of course, shows real concern for my pets.
Dr Flower does not lecture me about, yes, my over weight kitties. I am not made to feel guilty that I do not keep current on their shots.
Dr Flower explains tests and the reasons for doing things. I do not get the feeling that things are being done just to add to my bill. I do not feel rushed.
Mostly, I will forever be indebted to Dr Flower because I really believe she saved my cats life several years ago. My kitty has FIV and almost died because of liver failure. Dr Flower's experience is the reason my cats rather complex and deadly affliction was resolved after about a month of treatment.
Dr Flower is a knowledgeable, experienced, concerned, and respectful.
My only complaint is that she is usually booked wall-to-wall and it can be hard to get an prompt appointment. If your pet is really sick, this is really a problem.
I'd look somewhere else for vet care.
I published this review on yelp in May, but it is now invisible... unless I'm logged in. So, I publish it here:
I worked for about 6 years in veterinary medicine. I continue to write educational material for a web site in Seattle. So, I consider myself a fairly savvy consumer when it comes to vet med.
The staff and the doctor are very kind, and the prices are reasonable, but I am going to look for another vet for several reasons:
1. I was offered a vaccine without an exam. My cat is 8 years old and had not had an exam in over a year and a half. Cats age 5-7 years for every one of ours. So, it was like he hadn't been examined in almost 10 years and she was willing to let him go another 7. Also, vaccines temporarily weaken the immune system and so it is important to make sure an animal is healthy before vaccinating.
2. When she did the exam she did not listen to his heart or his lungs. She also did not look in his eyes or try to articulate his joints to see if he is developing arthritis.
3. The only question that was asked about his history was what he is eating. I was not asked if I had any concerns. Every other vet I have ever been to has asked about litter box habits, weight gain/loss, behavior changes, etc.
4. They did not take his temperature.
5. Even though I arrived early for my appointment and the doctor entered the room early, I felt rushed.
6. She only wanted to make a copy of his most recent exam and not of his complete medical history.
7. She commented that she was only a "general practitioner" and was not like the other vets that I had seen... but I have only ever seen general practitioners... but general practitioners who seem to be of a different caliber.
8. She charged $20 for a purevax rabies vaccine. The receptionist made it seem like this was the latest in veterinary medicine, but it has been around for about 7 years now. My vet in Seattle (who is often reviewed as way over-priced) only charges $16 for this vaccine. Other vets I have been to only use the 3-year vaccine (which has a higher associated risk of an injection-site sarcoma) in cats that are essentially feral.
9. Every other vet I have ever been to has drawn up the diluent and mixed it with the vaccine powder with one needle and then has changed needles to give the vaccine to the animal, because the new needle is sterile and sharper... not having been stuck twice through rubber. This was not done either.
10. No recommendations of any sort were given.
So, in short. The vet was kind and gentle with my pet and I imagine that she has dozens of regulars who are satisfied with her service. What I think I need to find is a clinic that has at least two vets... one who is experienced like the doctor at Lomas Vet and one who is only 2-5 years out of vet school and so is more current with the cutting edge in veterinary medicine.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Flower, Faith C, Dvm - Lomas Veterinary Clinic on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.